Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Toy van: thick wire a few inches from battery contacted chasis

Customer Question

thick wire a few inches from battery contacted chasis and burned. This wire linked by a few inches of smaller gauge wire connected with 2 square metal pieces(half the size of a dime) with a bolt & nut going through each end. Ends are connected with a total of 4 round connecters. This is where the wire finally burned in half. What is this? A fusable link(wire). Is it factory? Do I need it? The square pieces aren't connected to the frame although they may have been.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I suspect the wires you are referring could be fused linked wires but due to the age of the van there are no Pictures available. If you can take a picture of this harness and post it back on this post I will see if I can advise you from there as to what needs to be repaired.