Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma pick up 2.4 L motor I'm having

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma pick up 2.4 L motor I'm having problems with the air AC system sometimes it blows cold and then it will eventually blow warm air but when it blows cold it's real cold it works fine and then it just gets warm and they get warmer and warmer than just blows warm air and then sometimes it just blows warm air and doesn't even get cold I'm wondering what is the problem
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried adding Freon but that didn't work so I I don't know what to do
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Not that I know of is just the base model standard five-speed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.Regardless of what you might have heard or read, modern vehicles are complicated machines that require sophisticated equipment and tools in order to diagnose and repair them.Before we begin, please understand that all I can do from where I am is offer you my technical knowledge and guidance. Also, please be aware that the guidance I offer is based on the same OEM instructions followed by dealer techs everywhere.The symptoms you describe don't point to a bad evaporator thermistor. The part itself is not expensive (click here to see). However, to replace the thermistor, the HVAC assembly has to come out of the vehicle - a good 8-hour job for a skilled DIY'er.Please let me know if you need further assistance with this issue. If not, kindly accept and rate my answer now.Best Regards.