Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist

Driver power window stopped working. When I press the switch

Customer Question

Driver power window stopped working. When I press the switch both ways I can hear the motor. I can lift the window but it slides down to the spot where it was when it would not go up or down. Did hear a noise though. Like something fell inside the door.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since rain is in the forecast I just covered it with clear plastic. I have not removed the door as it is late now and have to work in the morning. It is my fathers 94 Camry and he is really attached to it.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I can help you. What is your name?
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 5 months ago.
Hello thanks for using JustAnswer!I am sorry to hear about your concern, electrical problems can be difficult to diagnose. I specialize in diagnostics, i will be asking you a series of questions to give you the best possible help that i can. From the symptom you are describing you have a failed drivers side window regulator. The entire regulator assembly and motor will need to be replaced. This will be avalible at most parts stores. Get the option with the motor already installed in the assembly this makes replacement easier and the cost is not much more.There is a cable in the regulator assembly that has likely broken. You will need to remove the door panel and replaced the regulator/ motor assembly.If you could kindly rate my service it would be very appreciated, i will continue to work with you even after rated. I will get emails about any other questions you may have. I only strive for excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer. William
Hi just checking back with you. Do you still need help with your vehicle?Thanks