Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

No power and rough idle,wants to stall when put in gear JA:

Customer Question

no power and rough idle,wants to stall when put in gear
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: none cant get it road worthy,seams to what to back fire or hesatate when under load
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we have replaced the Idle air control valve,plugs ,wires,fuel filter,mass senser is good,egr system has been replaced
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hopfully
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: 1997 camery 3.0 auto
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sometimes it will idle wonderful smooth,and also it has a problem or wont start warm/hot
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating... *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel...…Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged. . . If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated..Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..