Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Rav4: 2007 rav 4 2.4. No communication. All fuse are good.

Customer Question

2007 rav 4 2.4. No communication. All fuse are good. I put a use computer in . .. The rav runs. Can't scan the codes.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Using the link below. you unplug the ECM and OHM test the data link connector pins to the ECM, pins CANL, TC, TAC, CANH. Verify none re broken open circuits. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do you test the little pins
Can you go into more detail on what your asking for? Are you saying you have never used an OHM meter?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do you test the little pins. In the wire harnesses. Does this used pcm have to be flashed by the dealer. To get it to work. I have and 7500 dollar snapon scanner.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
And that drop box thing don't bring up any file
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The file expired from post inactivity and no rating. You would have to rate the post for the link to become active. You would insert a little wire into the connector so you have something to touch the meter to. It is preferred to reprogram a replacement module. Though you cna not do that till you can communicate with the PCM.