Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

New tail light assembly comes with a wire harness that connects

Customer Question

New tail light assembly comes with a wire harness that connects somewhere beyond the available tail light body receptable. How do I get to the connector inside the body
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Tail light assembly was cracked by hail and I have purchased a replacement. The replacement part comes complete with a wireharness and female connector. How do I get to the male counterpart to connect the asssembly
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the old assembly off but am afraid of pulling the original wirehzrness out of the body cavity fot fear of screeing something up. I have looked inside the cargo area but don't see any obvious access method
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No, just that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Check for any removable panels on the inside and outside of the vehicle to access this connector.Usually an internal or external panel is removed to access the connection to disconnect it.YOu can also try and tug on the harness lightly to see if it pulls out to then connect it as I have done before but dont pull to hard to prevent breaking any wiring.If this does not work and you do not locate any panels at all let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete