Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The driver side is blowing hot air and the passenger side is

Customer Question

The driver side is blowing hot air and the passenger side is cold when I turn on my ac. 2009 4Runner, 177000 miles
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: On the lowest setting the driver side vents is blowing hot air, while the passenger side is blowing cold air
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Just a solution
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your 4Runner.This is actually a common problem as these 4Runners get older and the cause is that the system is low on freon.Have you visited a repair shop yet to have this looked at?
Were you able to see my last reply?