Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Tacoma: I own a 2007 Toyota Tacoma and can not open the hood. The

Customer Question

I own a 2007 Toyota Tacoma and can not open the hood.
The hood release below the dash will NOT release the hood and could be broken/disconnected.
I have attempted to pull the under dash release while another person kept pushing down on the front of the hood in an attempt to get the hood open and this did not work.
What can I do to get the hood open?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** .Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. .. The best way to open the hood is to have someone push down on it while you are pulling the cable. .If you can access any part of the cable from under the hood, in the grill area, you can cut the outer housing and strip it to where you can grab the cable itself with pliers and pull on it, (while someone pushes down on the hood) . If need be then you will have to lay down under the front of the vehicle and reach up in there with a screwdriver and activate the latch, where the cable goes. Sometimes, through the grille on the Tacoma with a long slim rod. ..The only other way would be to get in there with a small wrench, and unbolt the latch itself.. Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..Thanks.