Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have a Toyota Corolla ce 2003 and I want to listen the

Customer Question

Hi I have a Toyota Corolla ce 2003 and I want to listen the starter relay to test if it's working at my local parts store I mean locate, not listen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My car will start when it's cold and drive fine but once it's warmed up it will not start for several hours
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was under the impression that the conversation would be completed immediately upon payment I am waiting with my hood open and only have today to do this
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone..Do you need the location of the starter relay?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes and any other diagnostics that may be helpful to my issue thank you
I see, thanks..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..The starter relay, (marked ST) relay "A" in the attached diagram. It is in the junction box in the lower finish panel of the dash. .
I have the test instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.. Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I will rate your answer. Thank you..beyond the relay do you have any suggestions for my details; I can start the car fine if it is cooler temperature and it runs fine, but when I turn it off it takes several hours to start agan. , if not relay then I imagine I will need a new starter
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also for relay location is diagram for under the hood or in the inside the car? or are there two locations?
Yes, that is under the dash and if the relay is good it does sound like the starter is bad. However, you may want to check for power to the small terminal at the starter when it's not starting to be sure, thanks
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure where the lower finish panel of the dash is in my 2003 Toyota Corolla in seeing varying answers online...will I be able to see the relay the able or do I have to feel where the st A is based on the diagram
It would be right above your knees if you are driving. Instrument panel JB, (junction block). Most times there is a little change drawer. Behind the little change drawer that comes out. Normally you can see it when the little drawer is removed. Please see attached diagram, thanks..Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you send a picture of how to get in there i'm not seeing anything like in the diagram
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you sure the starter relay is not under the hood? I'm not seeig anything that looks like diagram behind the change drawer to the left of the steering wheel
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
reading the diagram I have no pint of reference as to what is the front or back
*** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it..*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ******** ..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thank you the diagram does not appear to match what I am seeing or feeling after opening change drawer
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Different expert here. Do you still need assistance on this request? if so, please advise. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi yes Have not yet located the starter relay in my 2003 Corolla ce. I removed the change drawer mto the left o the steering wheel where the junction block is supposed to be and I see nothing resembling he diagrams given what point of view are the diagrams showing St A(starter relay) from I see nothing near the diagrams... Are you certain starter relay is in the junction block or are diagrams correct? My question s to
Location of the relay remains unanswered the diagrams tell me nothing I didn't already see in google images
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 5 months ago.
Ok. I will be glad to assist you. At the moment I am on the road headed home and unable to access my computer. I will get there around 10:30 pm east coast time and get back to you with the location. In the meantime, please describe the issue with the car. The more info I have the better I can assist you
The starter relay is located on the back of the fuse panel under the dashboard. At the top of the panel, there are two large wire rectangular connectors (20 pin and 16 pin respectively). The starter relay is directly across from these 2 wire connectors. It is a 4 pin relay.