Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy,
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

2000 Toyota Tacoma, parked at night the next morning woud not

Customer Question

2000 Toyota Tacoma, parked at night the next morning woud not start I used a small shot of either. it started and idels great. as soon as I push down the gas pedel it stumbles and shuts off. can you help
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 1 year ago.
After the small shot of Ether, will the truck stay running if you do not touch the gas pedal? Any check engine lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes and there is a check engine light on
Do you know what the code is for the check engine light? two more questions, that can help us get started in the right direction:if you let the engine warm up to tempature and then hit the gas pedal, will it still stumble and die? if you unplug the mass air flow sensor connector on the intake tube by the air filter, will it still stumble and die when you give it gas? let me know!Thanks!
My thought behind this is, the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) and also Idle Air Control Valve (IAC) are two common failures on this truck so by doing this test, will help determine if one of these could be the faulty item. Thanks.
Have you had a chance to try any of my suggestions and if so, what are the outcomes? Thanks