sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I got the code p0420 and p0171 in Prius 2007 and smoke under

Customer Question

I got the code p0420 and p0171 in Prius 2007 and smoke under windshield and when I push accelerator pedal noise like the wings of fan
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I push accelerator pedal for going up the hill a noise spears like the when a fan is bellowing and something like the plastic stick catch the wings of fan
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2 hours ago you got my credit card info and my question but Thre was no respond!!!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!P0420 is for a failure of the catalytic converter and could be caused by just a couple things. It could be an exhaust leak that's allowing oxygen to be drawn into the exhaust stream through venturi effect, it could be a lazy upstream oxygen sensor, or it could be the converter itself.The noise you're describing leads me to believe you may have an exhaust leak. Is the noise worse when the engine is cold?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You talked about p0420 also I had problem with other : p0171 too I be thanks if let me know reason of p0171
That's a fuel system code that should go along with the rest of the issues, which I was still attempting to diagnose.