Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 1996 Toyota T100 pick-up with 270,000 miles that runs

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Toyota T100 pick-up with 270,000 miles that runs great except on warm to hot days when i run errands and turn it on and off from stop to stop. The engine turns over when I attempt to start it yet on warm days it doesn't want to start. This is the only time it happens. It fires right up every morning just fine.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your T100.Are there any warning lights on or codes stored?Have you had or made any repairs to the vehicle recently?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I cannot answer your first question until it's a hot day. I have made no repairs lately.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I wondered if there is a history of other1996 Toyota T100's with this problem
There is sort on an issue with this and then there is just old age type things. The next time it happens, try and press the accelerator pedal and see if it helps the engine start. That piece of information would help us.