carguy1, auto technician
Experience:  25 Years experience all makes and models.Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru Tech

I accidentally hit the positive battery terminal while replacing

Customer Question

I accidentally hit the positive battery terminal while replacing the battery and I blew some type a fuse car will start but cannot go anywhere there's also no power to the OBD code reader
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I see that it looks like the 100 amp alternator fuses broken just from the top but not sure if any of the other fuses would be broke like I said car will start but there is no power also no power to the OBD scan reader
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Preparing to change the 100 amp alternator fuse first of all this is a 2002 Toyota Solaira
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I think that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,The 100amp fuse supplies power to several other fuses. Replacing it should resolve the rest of the electrical issues and the car should then return to normal. The idea of course being that when you blow that fuse you save a bunch of the electrical system.Replace it and let me know if you need further assistance with anything else related to the fuse.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.
Hello again,Do you need further assistance with this?