Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pearl, my rav4 2002 check engine light came on, and the

Customer Question

Hi pearl, my rav4 2002 check engine light came on, and the engine will stop or near to stop if air condition switched on?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: What shuold i do?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Before check engine light became on, the engine started to change his sound like it is shaking or going to shutdown, specially when air conditioning switched on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Then check engine light come on!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Yes i hope that, if it is possible!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 7 months ago.
Hello, thanks for posting your questionThere are quite a few things that can cause this engine problem and the check engine light to turn on, the first thing a technician normally does is to connect a diagnostic code reader to the car's computer to see what trouble codes may be stored, this helps in diagnosing the problem and is a good starting point. Most autoparts stores like Autozone, Advance Auto, O'Reilly can help you with that and they charge nothing to do so. Would you be able to take the vehicle there and have the diagnostic codes read or do you have or know someone who has a code reader, you can also purchase an inexpensive code reader for around $50.00 or so even wal mart sells them, then you can get the codes yourself and besides it may come in handy again in the future. After retrieving the codes you can reply here again and I can help you figure this out.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks a lot
i will do so
You're welcome , waiting to hear back from you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi Mr. Ted Ritter, i got the reader, and i have these codes; P0302, P0300, P0304, P0100, P0110, P0115, AND P0302 AGAIN.
I need your help for these sir, explanations, pictures, anything that can help me out.
thanks
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the updated information'the P0300 series codes are misfire codes, I will get some information together and then get back to you, I have a small favor to ask please look at the label under the hood and let me know which engine designation it is, it will be either 5SF-E or 2,AZ-FE I need to know which one it is, the diagnostic procedures are not the same.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is 1AZ-FE; sir, what about the other codes (P0100, P0110, AND P0115) are misfire too?