Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

My Camry 97 won't start. Battery was tested, good to go.

Customer Question

HI! My Camry 97 won't start. Battery was tested, good to go. When I turn the key there is no clicking noise and no starting noise. Nothing. Could it still be the cylinoid
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Toyota Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car won't start, we replaced the battery first. Still not working. And there is no noise when I turn the key, literally nothing. No clicking sound, no engine trying to fire.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything I just said and that's it
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. YES, even if there is no noise when trying to start the engine, it still can be a bad starter motor preventing the engine from starting.