Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

My name is ***** ***** 2007 Camry that locks up and the VSC

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** 2007 Camry that locks up and the VSC and abs lights come on. It started out a few years ago with the brakes all of a sudden dragging and locking up and the VSC and ABS lights coming on. Had the entire brake system changed out. Drove it for about 80 miles, parked it and then is seemed like the engine was restricting power to the wheels and got to the pint where the car would not go either forward or in reverse, AT ALL. I've been on line and see where there are lots problems with the Toyota VSC, ABS and check engine lights coming on. HELP
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm about ready to sue Toyota for this serious safety issue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The VSC and ABS light come on when the system sees a system fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to be able to determine what is going on here you need to start with having the system scanned with a Toyota compatible scan tool to retrieve the fault codes that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with them, I will see if I can help you determine the cause.