Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

My name is ***** ***** my 2007 Camry 4 cylinder suddenly started

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my 2007 Camry 4 cylinder suddenly started sputtering while driving and idling. Is that because of a bad sensor? If so which one?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No. That's all that is going on. Just didn't seem like it wanted to go.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, Did the check engine light come on or start blinking on and off when this occurred?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Came on and stayed on
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, there are several possible causes that will cause sputting, rough idle and check engine light - vacuum leakair intake leakfaulty MAF sensorfaulty TP sensorfaulty throttle bodyclogged fuel filterweak fuel pump just to name a few. At this point, the computer needs to be scanned with code reader to know what fault is stored in the computer, which will narrow down the possible causes and then further diagnostics done Unless you live in California, you can run it by any major parts store and they will scan to the computer for stored fault codes and tell you which it is. At that point, post it here and I can go from there in walking you thru any testing and repairs needed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,You are welcome. To leave this open to reply back with the fault code number once you get it, just dont reply back right now. That leaves it open indefinitely until you reply back.
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks