Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Rear Hatch wont open... Door cable needs to be replaced JA:

Customer Question

Rear Hatch wont open... Door cable needs to be replaced
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Toyota Highland Hybrid... Its my wifes... and the place she doing the repair says the Door Cable is broken and will cost $400 for the part.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: seems very high
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I just want a fair price for repair...and not a sky high cost on the part
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year model?I can look up the part and cost but if its a dealer only item not sold aftermarket then the part cost will be higher. Just to make sure this 400$ quote does not include any labor. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris