Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: I have

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a 2005 Prius that shows three codes, P1150, P1121 and P116. I replaced two hybrid batteries (one on warranty) a month ago. The red triangle comes on intermittantly but it shows it is charging. thank you for your help. Gene
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: It runs and drives
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: One month. It is a Dorman unit
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: How about the trouble code? P1150
JA: Do you mind explaining that again?
Customer: I have 3 trouble codes showing. P1150, P1121, and P1116
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Prius.These 3 codes listed are not related to the battery and are ones we see normally. The codes are all related. Have you made any repair attempts to fix these yet? P1150 COOLANT PATH CLOG UP FOR COOLANT HEAT STORAGE SYSTEMP1121 failed three way coolant control valveP1116 COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT STACK FOR COOLANT HEAT STORAGE SYSTEM