camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech

4-Runner: I have a 2005 4-Runner. I've been experiencing difficulty

Customer Question

I have a 2005 4-Runner. I've been experiencing difficulty with the a/c unit for a couple of years. It blows warm air. I have taken it to several shops, including Toyota. Each time, they do a dye test and refill it with refrigerant. The cool air lasts just a couple of weeks. I read online wherein some people replaced the relay fuse - I did this too. Please help.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  camerontech replied 6 months ago.
hi there,im cam, a licenced diagnostic sounds like you have a leak.if you relay or fuse problem, it would not work at all or not for just "a couple of weeks".it works for a bit because the system is full, than eventually it runs low.since they have added dye, you will need a black flourescent light to detect where the leak is.if nothing is visible on the outside than there is a good chance that the evap core is leaking inside the dash, as there is no inspection panel to see if there is any dye coating on this.
hi there,how did your repair go?please take a moment to rate me as it is important for my pagethanks and i appreciate positive ratings!let me know how you make out