Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

My name is ***** ***** My 2006 toyota sequoia has no

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** My 2006 toyota sequoia has no lights other than the maintenance light on. It has been driving a little ruff so I hooked a code reader on it and came up with c1223 and c1247 I am curious as to what the problem is with no other waring lights on dash lighting up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes what would you like to know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.
Hi there.Toyota issued a service bulletin regarding this type of issue in which a new anti skid control computer is recommended.The C1247 code relates to the Delta S sensor. It is located on the master cylinder by the brake booster. Unless this sensor was tampered with or damaged it is not likely that this code was set for any other reason other than what the bulletin deals with. The C 1223 code just means that the ABS system detected a malfunction due to the C 1247 code. There is a history of malfunctions with this skid control/ABS system on Sequoias. I would recommend taking the vehicle to the dealer and have them do a zero point calibrate and clear the system out. This will allow the computer to start from scratch.Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.Best Regards.