Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I change the battery on 2002 Camry. Car starts fine but I can't

Customer Question

I change the battery on 2002 Camry. Car starts fine but I can't put it in gear and nome of the console indicators work this includes sideview mirrors, fuel ***** *****, etc.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: nothing on the dashboard works
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question I assume the issues started after replacing the battery. Sometimes you can get a voltage spike that will blow some of the fuses or relays. I need to get the vin number so that I can pull the schematics and tell you which fuses you need to check