Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

My key is stuck in my 09 corolla ignitionJA: Good to know.

Customer Question

my key is stuck in my 09 corolla ignition
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: original
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: great
JA: Noted. IÂ’ll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i can not remove the key from the ignition
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: twisting nthe stearing wheel back and forth
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: pushing in the key as as i turn it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Corolla.Is this a manual or automatic transmission Corolla?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My corolla is a automatic
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do i wait for a response on this page or look for a new email for my response ?
I apologize for the delay. Now when you say that you can pull the key out, will it turn all the way back to the point where you would insert it?
Or it won't turn that far?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the apology ! - Please read my original note - " my key is stuck in my 09 corolla iginition" - i can Not get the key our of the ignition - - -
i do not mean to be ugly - but you missed my question so this is too little information too late - - - please refund my payment thank you!
Thank you.