Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

Back trunk door would not close securely yesterday and van

Customer Question

Back trunk door would not close securely yesterday and van wouldn't start. None of the other doors would open automatically. AAA came today and got car started. All doors except trunk cargo door work again, but I cannot ge in cargo door manually or automatically. the engine symbol and "trac off" show on dash. this is a handicapped van and is still in warranty.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it is a simple fix. I am also concerned that it will happen again as I know of nothing that caused the problem this time.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: It's a custom Braun Mobility van and if something happens on a trip my husband will not be able to move.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The engine symbol and the Trac Off have nothing to do with your issue. The engine light is telling you that there is some type of issue withe the engine electrical or emission systems. The engine light does not illuminate due to body system issues. On the rear door issue, most likely, you have a faulty door lock actuator or a faulty latch assembly (more apt to be the latch, however). . Since it is still under warranty, I would take it and have the actuator diagnosed and replaced if found to be faulty, broken, disconnected, etc. While you are there, have them hook the car to their scan tool to determine the cause of the engine and trac lights being on.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer