Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2007 Toyota camry hybrid. Getting battery pack and specific

Customer Question

2007 Toyota camry hybrid. Getting battery pack and specific battery cells codes (4) just trying to gather info. To try to do it myself.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Red triangle, engine light (solid) and vsc markers/ issues are on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If you are getting fault codes with this issue here can you post the code number/info on this for me here? Let me know so we can continue from here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I have 10 codesP3017 (batter block becoming weak)
P3018 (battery block 18)
P3027POA80MIL on
6 ReadyMisfire
O2 snsr ^
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
With these codes set here this looks to be a fault with the hybrid battery itself.I have seen this fail before needing replaced.This is best tested and replaced by a dealer or authorized repair center as it can require some special tools to test and replace it. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete