Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota Camry: I have a 92 Toyota Camry that uses a lot of antifreeze

Customer Question

I have a 92 Toyota Camry that uses a lot of antifreeze replace thermostat and did a head gasket fluid repair and all fluids are full but it still smells like it is overheating and it actually is overheating my temperature gauge is all the way high kind of at a loss right now
Category: Toyota
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist fluid repair??? please explain?? did you replace the head gasket?? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did not replace the head gasket, I used a liquid radiator type head gasket repair form oriley auto parts....car is steaming and overheated and there is a fuel/ exhaust smell I cab of vehicle
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
ok, that sealer never works on a failed head gasket. the gasket itself needs to be replaced. there is no such thing as a repair for the head gasket due to the compression pressure involved. the first thing you need to do is have the gasket replaced and pressure tested for possible cracks. Roy
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
how are you making out