Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

Toyota Camry 2007 hybrid: Ps on dash in red letters steering

Customer Question

Ps on dash in red letters steering very hard manual says don't drive you could loose brakes
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The Red PS light indicates a failure in the electronic power steering unit. This is not something that you would want to try to diagnose or fix in your local garage. This is a rather complex system and needs the Toyota scan tool to diagnoses, and recalibrate if any repairs are attempted. . The recommendation I have for you on this request (as much as I would like to help, but...) Leave this one to the pros. You do not want ad-hoc or field expedient work on this unit. It could fail at highway speed if somebody without proper schooling works on it), this could be rather dangerous for your steering to quit on a freeway.
Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.