Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The gear shift handle or knob is broken. how do I replace it?

Customer Question

the gear shift handle or knob is broken. how do I replace it? the car is a 2004 Toyota highlander.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: gear shift itself I broken in two with the metal rod exposed.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe, but it may be too hard.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .I do not have access to your email address, If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,