Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Just rebuilt 22re. New head, timing cover. Drove

Customer Question

***** *****. Just rebuilt 22re. New head, timing cover. Drove great for a few miles. Started raining really hard and it shut off. I was able to get it home riding the gas and the clutch. It starts very roughly and I have to give it gas Then it will just die if I don't give it any gas. I just got done with my 3rd valve adjustment and no change
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The timing is is set properly. Smells like gas and runs pretty rough. I rebuilt the fuel injectors as well
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect and make sure all wiring is installed correctly on the engine and in tact with nothing loose or damaged after this repair was done.I have seen this as the cause on several models in the past before after repairs were done like this here needing repaired.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete