Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra. My wife plugged in a tire inflator

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra. My wife plugged in a tire inflator (that had exposed wires) into the aux power and shorted something. Now my windows won't roll down. I checked all of the fuses and can't seem to figure out why I can't roll down the window. Truck starts and drives ok. But sometimes the 4hi 4lo abs and traction lights flash.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I clerked every individual fuse. All ok. Read that it may be the 40 amp main fuse. Can't tell if it is blown.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Remove the 40 amp main fuse and with a multi meter test the resistance across the pins on the fuse.If there is no reading then the fuse is blown needing replaced.If you do not have a multi meter to do this testing see if a local parts store will test it for you as they usually will at no charge to you.If found to be o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had a hard time removing the section from the fuse box that has the main fuses. Toyota did not make it an easy task. Anyhow. This is not a normal fuse where I can check resistance across pins. Any other suggestions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just got back from Toyota. After removing the main fuse block. They say that there is nothing wrong with the block. I did not see and burn marks to indicate a blown fuse either.