Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

C1223 and c1252 4 runner 2004 JA: Thanks. Can you give me

Customer Question

c1223 and c1252 4 runner 2004
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm checking for what feels like a worn out wheel bearing. I'm sure the front ones are ok. at certain speeds I hear and feel what seems like knobby tires, accelerating, keeping steady, decelerating and braking until I stop. I thought of checking codes to see if it might be an abs problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you turn to the right and the noise gets quieter this usually indicates the right front bearing at fault needing replaced as the weight shifts to the left when you turn to the right.If you turn to the left and it gets quieter this usually indicates the left front bearing at fault needing replaced.The wheel speed sensors can be an issue as well needing replaced here.If the noise does not change pitch at all when this is done let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete