sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

95 Toyota t100. Just replaced fuel pump and filter after pump

Customer Question

95 Toyota t100. Just replaced fuel pump and filter after pump went bad. Vehicle ran fine for a few weeks but sometimes it has a loss of power, rough idle and a popping sound from exhaust. It does not do this every time. Just need a right direction to look. It it showing code and I'm in the process of getting a scanner
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!What you're describing is consistent with low fuel pressure. Low fuel pressure will cause a loss of power and the noise you're hearing may be lean popping. It's possible that the replacement pump is bad or it cloud be running slowly due to a poor power or ground fed.Has fuel pressure been monitored while the problem is happening?