Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2006 toyota rav4. v6 while driving i lost power

Customer Question

I have a 2006 toyota rav4. v6
while driving i lost power steering and the lights were flickering on and off on the dash and the radio lost power. we jump started the car and removed the - wire from the battery leading us to believe it was the alternator. we replaced the battery and the alternatorand the battery light on the dash went off and the car ran great for a few days. on my way to work the same thing happened again. lost power in the car and lost power steering. the car did not die but would not restart after I turned it off.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  I. Silva replied 6 months ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using justanswer.The first thing you need to do is checking the charging system,make sure the alternator is charging at least 14 volts at your battery terminals.Also ,check the belt tension ,make sure is tight and the tensioner is putting tension on the belt.Make sure nothing (coolant.oil) is leaking on top of the serpentine belt and make it slipping on the pulleys. Good luck.Let me know.Thank you very much.