Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Rav4: I have a 2006 toyota rav4. v6 while driving i lost power

Customer Question

I have a 2006 toyota rav4. v6
while driving i lost power steering and the lights were flickering on and off on the dash and the radio lost power. we jump started the car and removed the - wire from the battery leading us to believe it was the alternator. we replaced the battery and the alternator and the battery light on the dash went off and the car ran great for a few days. on my way to work the same thing happened again. lost power in the car and lost power steering. the car did not die but would not restart after I turned it off.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect the wiring leading to the alternator and battery to see if any loose,damaged or corroded wiring connections are found at all.If a fault is found with any of the wiring this will need to be resolved to correct this issue here.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete