Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have a 89 Toyota v6 3.0 has code 52 knock sensor I do not

Customer Question

i have a 89 Toyota v6 3.0 has code 52 knock sensor I do not hear any knocking. I would like the to see if I can test the harness from sensor to ecu. and what the specs afre
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: the car runs fine until the cel come on and the timing retards
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I have enclosed the test step for your fault code 52 for the knock sensor in the link below. Copy and paste the steps to your browser to open and view them. The knock sensor circuit is very temperamental, and will set this code at the very slightest amount of circuit problems. If the circuit checks okay then its also pretty common for the sensor to fail.