Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Toyota rav 4 1998 has started beeping with the sound coming

Customer Question

Toyota rav 4 1998 has started beeping with the sound coming through the left vent. Intermitnent but constant when it starts. Sound like a sensor but can't track it down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: air conditioner is disconnected and seat belt light also does not register.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If this model has any after market components wired into it like a remote start or alarm system this may be causing this noise here and may be due to an electrical fault with one of its components needing repaired or replaced.If it does have any of these after market components installed this will need checked by a facility that installs and repairs the after market systems.If no after market components are installed let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not want this service or any more charges made to my account. thank you for your help.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
I apologize if my info didnt help here.If you want I can open my question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do. Thanks Pete