Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My name is ***** *****. I have a 91 v6 3.0l 4runner that stopped

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 91 v6 3.0l 4runner that stopped firing, it seems to have lost the spark.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was actually driving the vehicle when it happened and the engine just cut out with no warning an refuses to start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Wires are all new, timing chain was replaced about 120k ago, never a problem with misfires, no blown fuses or loose wires.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome to just answerDoes the engine seem to turn over normally or does it seem to turn over faster than normal?When the key is in the on position does the check engine light turn on?Just in case we may need it do you have a 12 volt test light or a voltmeter available?Thanks.