Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a TCH 2007 with 113K on it. The Check Hybrid System

Customer Question

I have a TCH 2007 with 113K on it. The Check Hybrid System light came on this morning along with usual other light slike check engine.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: I know Dealers will rip me off. Looking to see if there is an alternative way to repair that
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Toyota Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I haven't taken it out to any shop yet. So no codes yet
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Unfortunately what has to be done here is to have a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model here to see what codes are set with this issue.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.This can be a fault with the Hybrid battery itself or an issue with a sensor failing setting off both messages/lights here.The fault codes do need read out to locate the source of the fault and once located repaired to correct this issue from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete