Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

My name is ***** ***** and my 2004 Corolla won't start.

Customer Question

Hi! My name is ***** ***** and my 2004 Corolla won't start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I stick the keys in and all my lights come on, but I go to start it and there is no turn over at all. I've tried charging it, same result. Starting it with jumpers still on, same result :/
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Corolla.Is there any sound made at all when you turn the key to start it?Are you going to repair this concern yourself?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is a light clicking type noise, I could barely hear when the key was at the "on" position. Yes, I have to
Ok, the problem then will be the starter itself. If you plan on fixing it yourself, you can watch this video to see how the process goes... I would recommend that you use a re manufactured starter from Toyota but if that's not a possibility then just get one with a good warranty.If you have more questions, please ask as I strive to give Excellent service. Also please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars), as it helps me.