roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Tacoma 4wd dbl cab: I have a leased 2015 Toyota Tacoma 4wd

Customer Question

I have a leased 2015 Toyota Tacoma 4wd double cab. It was parked and rear ended so the frame is bent plus other damage. They want to repair it by putting it on a new frame and said it would be just like new. Here are my concerns, 1) It will never drive the same and I will be dealing with issues and this is a leased vehicle which I will have for the next 4 yrs and could be costly for me when I turn it in if something shows up 2) it will now show up as in an accident with a major damage on a carfax or if I try to sell it out right I will have to take less since it has been in an accident 3) The truck is now diminished in value 4) The accident was not my fault and they are estimating it will take 3 months to get in a frame 5) They estimate to fix it will be around $18,000 so they want to fix it instead of totaling it. I think it would be best to total it, am I correct?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist totaling a car or truck only happens or is approved if the cost of the repair exceeds 80% of its value. they must have already determined that if they have approved the repair. so fighting this will be useless. no lawyer will win this case based on that. you will be spending money needlessly on that point. 1. it will drive the same. if the dealer does it correctly, it will be the same.2. yes it will show up on car fax. that is something you cannot control.3. yes, it will loose an additional 15% in value from this accident4. that is a big amount of time. make sure you get a free rental car for this period. if this leased, why dont you just give it back to them and get a new truck?? what kind of deal do you have?? open or closed lease??? are you committed to purchasing it at the end??? Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.