Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics

My 2010 rav4 as a p0453 code evap emission system pressure

Customer Question

My 2010 rav4 as a p0453 code evap emission system pressure sensor high
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yep!that's all and when I cleared the check light it comes back right away
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where would the evap emission system pressure sensor be on the car
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
The P0453 points to a problem with the Canister Pressure Sensor. On this vehicle, the pressure sensor is built into and part of the Canister Assembly. The Canister is located under the vehicle, towards the rear. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the inlet and vent lines for any cracks, holes or disconnections. If the visual inspection checks ok, replace the Canister Assembly. For an image location view, click here: my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept so I may be credited. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.