Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need to disable TRACTION control on my 2011 Highlander. JA:

Customer Question

I need to disable TRACTION control on my 2011 Highlander.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: It's not a symptom. I'm not having a mechanical problem. I just wanted to do donuts in the snow and it wouldn't let me.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Someone told me there's a way to completely disable TRACTION CONTROL /VSC.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Highlander.Is the vehicle with you now?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2011 Highlander Limited. I press the traction control to disable traction control. When I try to do donuts, traction control kicks in. How can I disable traction control so I can do donuts in a parking lot when there's snow on the ground?
Dont just press the button in, hold it in till the VSC OFF light comes on in the Instrument Cluster area. Let me know if that works and it comes on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How long do I hold it in for?
Maybe like 2 full seconds. With the ignition switch on.