Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Totoya tundra: i have a howling noise in my 2008 tundra no

Customer Question

i have a howling noise in my 2008 tundra no vibration. it has a 125,ooo miles
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Tundra.Could you describe more about this howling noise you are hearing? Front or Rear?Only at idle and stopped or while driving at 65mph+?Does the noise ever change pitch or disappear completely?Does the howling noise get louder the fast the vehicle moves?Thanks again for helping me out so that I can help you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i think the rear. driving speed at 25 or greater. noise seems better at higher speed.
I see. The first step will be to positively identify which wheel this growl noise is coming from as it definitely sounds like a wheel bearing issue.Do you have a repair shop you trust that we can get to put it up on a rack and listen to it?Will you be repairing this concern yourself?
Were you able to see my last reply?