Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I can't seem to get an answer from one of us mechanics and

Customer Question

I can't seem to get an answer from one of us mechanics and I've paid 50 dollars already
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I apologize on behalf of the site. If you have other questions, posted, and have not had a response, you have not been charged 50 dollars. You have been charged a deposit, which is fully refundable if you choose. If you would please provide the model, and year of your Toyota, and a description of the problem(s), I will try to assist you. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2000 Toyota carry 2.2 no spark cam and crank sensor r new engine turns fine just do the start.timming marks good ..has 95000 and it auto
Did you check all of the fuses? There is a 15 amp EFI fuse that powers the ECU. If it is good, check for power with the key ON at the EFI relay in the fuse panel under thew hood. This is where the EFI fuse is located also. You should have power in the EFI fuse socket and power in 2 of the EFI relay sockets.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Number 7 fuse yes 15 amp is good
Does the Check Engine light come on when the key is turned to the ON position?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Check for power at the EFI relay and verify the EFI relay is clicking when cranking
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I swape it with the horn relay and nothing
is there power in the EFI relay socket? You should have power is 2 of the cavities.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So check power where the relay go's in to the fuse box
Pull the EFI relay out. With a test light or DC voltmeter, check for power in all of the sockets with the key on. You should have power in 2 of the 4 cavities.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank u I'll check rite now
ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do have 2 powers and 2 grounds
I would take the front cover off and inspect the toothed gear that the crank position sensor 'reads'. If this device is broken, you will have no spark pulse to the computer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have cover off I'll look now
ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The whole gear is there no missing teeth
ok. Do you have power in the Black with a red stripe wire at the ignition coils?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can u please call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I do
I have to go to my workplace now. Can we pick this up tomorrow morning? Apologies but I was called in.