Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pat car won't start new cam and crank sensor timming good JA:

Customer Question

Pat car won't start new cam and crank sensor timming good
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Check all fuses look good
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 7 months ago.
Hello, thanks for asking your question here on just answerI just need a little more information before I can offer any help:What year and model is this?Which engine and transmission does it have?How many miles on the odometer?does the engine turn over normally but just not fire up?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
200 Toyota carry let 95000 2.2 auto yes engine enables turns over got power to fuel pump use no spark
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes engine tubs over normally .has good compressen
Thanks for the replyI just came online, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.do you have a voltmeter or a 12 test light available, just to check a few voltages?When you turn the key to on does the check engine light stay on?Is ther voltage of about 12 volts going to one wire of the distributor, it should be a black orange wire or black/red,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cam crank new. power to efi fuses good crank gear good
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I have power going to coil packs
Is there any way you can check for diagnostic codes or did you do that already, do you have any code information?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No codes
Ok, I just want to be sure, does the check engine light turn on with the key on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
It has two coil packs or 4? No distributor, is that correct?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes just 2 coil packs
Sorry but I'm running out of ideas if you have power going to the coils and nos spark, the coil packs also contain the igniter modules, there should be a code that the computer doesn't see a spark confirmation signal (IGF) could be a wiring issue between the engine and the ecm or the ecm itself.