Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2001 Toyota Camry - running/parking lights won't shut off when

Customer Question

2001 Toyota Camry - running/parking lights won't shut off when the ignition switch is off.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: so far as i know
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: $
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 7 months ago.
Hello, thanks for postingDo the lights still stay on even when the light switch is in the off position?Was anything done recently to the electrical system on the car, anything repaired or replaced?Does it have the auto headlight system or manual on off switch?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1. Yes
2. Replaced the Relay Assembly Running Light #82810
3. Both Light switch on steering column/Turn signal
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
#2 - Relay Assembly Running light #8210 had to be replaced due to a burned link for the parking lights. Replaced all worked fine. Problem back again today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here is an update of the symptom after replacing 8210: The high beam indicator light blinks in low light. It flashed the instrument panel lights briefly. It looked like it was trying to turn on the lights.
Thanks for the reply, just so I'm clear on what's going on, do the headlights do the same thing or only the tail/park lights?It sounds like maybe a bad ground, have you checked all the fuses both under the hood and inside for loose fit, corrosion and any discolored wires on the connectors going into the junction block at the left lower dash?