Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Whistle noise comes out from engine JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

whistle noise comes out from engine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2007 Scion tc idle speed or accelerating
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Most often, a whistle noise coming form the engine is a leaking exhaust manifold gasket, a leaking front exhaust pipe gasket or a crack in the front exhaust pipe. An easy way to check this would be to take an old towel and have someone hold it over the opening on the tailpipe while you listen to the engine. The blocking off of the tailpipe exit will cause the exhaust pressure to back up into the the engine area, allowing the noise to be more magnified. After determining exactly where the noise is coming from is prudent before attempting any repairs.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer