Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Door locks not responding to remote key & driver door controls

Customer Question

Door locks not responding to remote key & driver door controls in 2004 Scion xB. Replaced remote key battery-still not working. Should I replace D/L 25A fuse?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Excellent
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: You guys are awesome!
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Before you consider replacing the door lock fuse, start first with checking it with your volt meter and ot a 12 volt test light to see if you have power in and out of it. If it check okay then check and see if you have power at the master switch pin 1 on the blue/whine power wire. see the wiring diagram in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view it.