Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra 4.7 litre engine. Engine light

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra 4.7 litre engine. Engine light codes P1441 and P2445 are present. They found secondary air injection pump and system also bad. It is going to cost 2615.11 to fix. They say it will not effect my engine performance. But will not pass emission testing when due. So where does this leave me but to fix. Do they even know what is going on. This is a lot of money for 137,000 miles on truck which I cannot afford to get a new one.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: as far as I know.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The secondary air injection is critical to the operation of this vehicle. If it fails entirely (faulty valves), the engine will enter what we call "limp Mode", and your acceleration will be quite limited. It would be advised to have the air injection valves replaced. However, before expending that money (it IS expensive), I would recommend you call the Toyota Customer Experience Center ("CEC") at 1-***-***-****. Explain to the analyst that you have the air injection pump issue and you have heard that there was a recall on later models. Under some circumstances, the CEC will assist you with offsetting your costs. It is worth the phone call; they may help you out on 50% of the repair bill (if not more).
Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.