Matt C.
Matt C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician

Cruise control light does not come on and cruise does not work.

Customer Question

cruise control light does not come on and cruise does not work. just yesterday air bag light came on and horn does not work. 2005 SR5
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: All I have noticed
JA: Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt C. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, from all the symptoms you are describing I am fairly certain that the "clock spring" that connects the wiring in the steering wheel has gone bad.Replacement of this part will require you to remove the airbag and steering wheel.